RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build Thread: New QQ-Yak 54 101", DA-85
Old 06-21-2009, 10:45 PM
geoflys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build Thread: New QQ-Yak 54 101

Reza....When I built my 101 over the winter you advised me to cut an inch off the header...for higher rpm..(Im running greeves with da85).... This motor has been TOUGH...the midrange has been running very rough....and have had a number of dead sticks...Throttle response is poor/slow......DA has recently replaced the piston,changed the timing,and carb...and tuned.......still have had occasional stalls(deadsticks)....
We replumbed all lines, replaced filter and clunks,checked the plug/gap,bypassed the digiswitch and ran 6v direct to ignition.(just to see).. The motor stalling happens at different flight times.....that is at ANY time during flight....and happens every 2-5 flights
engine is not too lean or hot.....Its been a real ***** to figure out..... I know that you have done quite a bit of pipe testing... I currently have a 25mm drop,with 1 inch cut off of it.....attached to the greeves....do you think the 2/12 extension would help out or do you think I should get a new header plus the 2 1/2 ?? any info appreciated