RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 03:08 AM
Mavrik!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

ORIGINAL: derrickxp8103

Hey,

Yes, Idid major mods to the airframe. Fuselage, wings, booms and horizontal stab have major mods and changes. I sanded the entire inside of the fuse and added another layer of fiberglass.....much stiffer. The horizontal stab has a semetrical airfoil.....not flat bottom. Booms are glaased with Carbon for a very stiff structure. I cut the heavy block off on therear of the fuselage because the turbine will be mounted to the wings.....like the BVM Bobcat. All carbon where the engine will be mounted to the wings.....major modification. I have a 1.2 inch Carbon wingtube in place of the weak stock one....it is also 5 inches longer on eachside of the wing. Madeall new formers for the fuse. Awesome custom carbon fiber/plycanopy rail for the canopy. Highly modified landing gear mounts.....10 times stronger than stock. Modified the entire inside wing structure......15 times stronger than stock. The plane will also have flex composite hinges for all control surfaces....gapless hinges. Plus many more mods !!!!!! I should have the fuel cells done next week. I will post photos of all my work very soon!!!! This will be an awesome plane for very little money. I think I will power iit with a P120.

Derrick
Derrick,

Sounds like your Falcon is now bullet proof with all those mods. Problem you have is it is still a Falcon 120. Chuncky vertually flat bottom wing section, annoying to assemble and dismantle and reasonably old technology in design aerodynamically. The good news is it flies great for what it is. I like flying mine with a 20 pound turbine!! The airframe has a critical VNEand top speed however as pushed to its limits drag outweighs power/thrust and it will only go so fast!!! IMO a P120 is to heavy and thursty for the Falcon and would be better suited to a Bandit or similar.

At the end of the day this hobby is about having fun so good luck with your falcon!

Mav