RCU Forums - View Single Post - SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 10:37 AM
WarbirdPilots
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

LOL, I am loving this thread.  It is nice to see the Connecticut modelers chiming in.  I was actually made aware of this great engine a couple of weeks ago by Joe at Build Right Fly Right Hobbies in Wallingford.  He is very excited about its incredible performance numbers and its small dimensions and weight.  I approached Joe about maybe wanting to go gas for my KMP Spitfire, and expressed my concerns with needing an engine to fit in the narrow cowl with as little cutting as possible.  This engine should fit right in and with the rear exhaust, it is thinner than any other gas engine I have seen. 

I have done research on 26cc gas engines, and what I have found is that for my application (KMP Spitfire) and many other warbird applications, you are going to spend about $250 or more for the engine itself.  Then you are going to need to purchase an inverted wrap around pitts muffler for an additional $150.  So you are already at the $400 mark and the engine is only 26cc.  And on top of that, I will still have to do some cowl cutting because eventhough I would purchase a wrap around muffler, the exhaust still originates from the side of the engine.

So for only $30 more, at the $429 street price, I am getting an engine that will fit nicely in any narrow cowl, has a larger displacement, AMERICAN made quality and reliability, and comes with customer/product support from an individual that has clearly shown he is upstanding, intelligent, and customer service oriented.  You can learn a lot about an individual just by the way he responds to positive and negative posts. 

I wish you the best of luck Todd with your business venture, and know this engine has a very bright future in todays market.

Adam