RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite ARF Mig29
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 04:54 PM
hemi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composite ARF Mig29

Craig

The cable attaches to the piston operating rod by looping it through the hole you have to drill in the flattened tube that was soldered on the rod. Next the cable runs forward in fuse and gets looped over a dowel rod epoxied in the fuse. You can see the dowel on the second picture. The cable then head back towards the tail and exits the tail right next to the plastic tube that the servo operating rod passes through. You have to have someone help you compress the chute piston and create another loop like you did on the other end of the cable. With the servo arm pulling the release rod back you have to slip the loop into the furthest 2mm slot cut in the chute tube. When the servo moves the rod forward the rod captured the release loop and keeps tension on the piston.

Note the chute is attached in the same manner but in the second 2mm slot cut in the tube. The idea is the servo should be set to have two movements. The first moves the rod enough to release the piston tension cable. This is suppose to allow the piston to be release and pop the chute. The door is held close just by tension on the hinge. The 2nd movement of the servo pulls the release rod back past the second slot, this allow the chute to be separated from the plane. I saw Klurh release the chute while he was taxing back at Superman. I'm not sure why unless he was concerned about the heat or something like that.

I agree the instructions are poor. I don't quite have mine working but from what I can tell this is how it's supposed to work. I do not have the rudder servo's installed yet so I can't help. I have installed the carbon tubes and rods so I can put them on my plane.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65079.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1224000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87953.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1224001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86676.jpg
Views:	108