RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Yowza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Hi Sukeroku,

Ihad a NQD a few years back(Still have a Bondi Surfer as well as my new KyoshoRC surfer dudenow)and thecheap chinese copiesare very ordinary out ofthe box. The Lisa figure is hollow and needs to be filled with plumbers expanding foam as mentioned by surfcurls in previous posts to strengthen (I've tried this and it made Lisa too heavy and wouldn't self-right properly) but others have had luck. Plus the deck needs to be checked for leaks (likely to need new deck seals which surfcurls.com sells or by some from you local hardware. It's called closed cell foam.

I find the Lisa stands too tall compared to the original Kyosho 'dude' so that doesn't help with self righting either.

I haven't used a Board Sharks surfer before, but i've heard the self righting is even worse, plus there is gearing inside the hull to make the guy turn, while this might look good, it's just more stuff to go wrong.

What you'll have to do is completely remove all the internals of the board and replace with proper RC gear. I'm in the process of doing this with the originalKyosho 'dude' by replacing it with a brushless setup. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes. I'm new to changing RCelectronics over, hence i'm here for some help also. So glad I came across this site!