RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carden 37.5% Yak Build
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:02 AM
butternifedge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carden 37.5% Yak Build

I got the plane delivered to my house a couple days ago. The wing repair looks awsome, can't see any evidence of a repair. That's the good news. But.... I am still waiting for the wheel pants, Eric cut my origional pants up to make a mold for spats. Still waiting for them... Also I am waiting for Eric to get a micro mesh kit to fix my canopy. I got the plane back, but in the repair process he got clear coat and paper stuck to the outside of the canopy in about 8 droplet spots and a nasty scratch inside the canopy. Also, I took the cowl off to look at the repair from the prop shear and I found a few spots that need to be fiberglassed where the balsa duct work is cracked. The out side was re-painted but no repairs on the inside, so I called Eric and he told me he forgot to repair the inside. I am going to Home Depot to get some denatured alcohol to cut 30 min epoxy to glass the inside today. This will be my first glass work, at least it is on the inside and harder to see. Do not want to cast a dark shadow on Erics great build but I am a bit dissappointed in the repair. His build totally rocks. While it is almost flyable, I hope I can get this thing finished to my standards before Christmas. The cowl repair will hopfully save me needing to re paint at the end of the season so I want this done belore the 4th weekend so flying will not further damage the cowl. I still need to finish the smoke system install, re-do the pilot installation and do a little finish work on the deck landing for the canopy to get it to my own liking. Pictures might have to wait till after the 4th with what I want to accomplish this week...