View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ENGINE SEALANT

ORIGINAL: dittch

Wow, 6 pages now. Here’s a quick summary of the claims:

ORIGINAL: supertib
silicone melts with contact to nitromethane......
copper RTV is not a good sealant as it will melt with exposure to nitromethane...
it works, but if nitro makes contact it will melt....
guys I know what i am talking about...
I assure you regular silicone melts in nitro
Trust me, I am not mistaken....
it will melt and become soft under any real contact with Nitro
it most definitely is not nitro proof...in direct contact it will not hold together......
RTV is not nitro proof.. !!!!!! end of story !
I have already stated RTV will work, but it will not sustain itself in contact with nitro
it is mildly resistant to Nitro...
I know I am right...
Geez, those ‘points’ are all over the place. It definitely changed quite a bit as the thread went on. There were also several attempts to change the subject by talking about engine porting/polishing, racing, and RC equipment among other things; all classic examples of the ‘straw man’ argument as well as a severe case of insecurity. All of the little games you’ve been playing are crystal clear to both myself and everyone else who has been watching this thread and getting amusement at your expense. Here’s an idea, next time you want to play games like this make sure to try them on people who aren’t smarter than you.

And this is a classic:

ORIGINAL: supertib
6/26:
As i say i am going to buy a tube of copper RTV and do a test just to show how poorly the copper RTV holds up when in full contact with nitro
6/27:
A test is underway...copper RTV is setting up on wax paper right now, it will be dry tommorow and be submersed in nitro....results will floow in 2 days
I will have pics of melted copper RTV in a day or two, including a paper smear
I have never ****ted before and I am not going to start now.... Ask anyone who knows me, I am a man of my word
6/28:
Well here is the scoop... I currently do not have any RTV here, I don't use RTV and I have no reason to own any...I have been to busy to drive to a hardware store and buy a tube of RTV...... However another forum member has offered to do these tests just to see what happens..
I am not a liar like some people, so here is the video I promised. And supertib, after watching this don’t forget: open mouth, insert foot. Also, for what it’s worth, the next time you give advice make sure you actually know what you’re talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm0NCk8y4l8

Youtube is still processing it on their end, so if it doesn’t work wait a little while and try again. More videos to come soon. I think I’ll do a video every 2 days for now. I welcome any feedback on the videos.

there is no question I am right dude, and I have zero reason to lie over this...absolutely nothing to gain by lying.... so dont be calling me a liar !... ! I see the softened RTV all the time when I modify engines..Maybe it is the heat with the nitro IDK ... as I say I will take pictures the next time I am sent one.... 1211 is far superior and its that simple.........

there truly is no need for this thread to have gone on like this.... this is a terrible train wreck and it needs to be closed IMHO.....