RCU Forums - View Single Post - Meister 1/5 scale P-47
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:08 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Meister 1/5 scale P-47

ORIGINAL: jeff naul

Welcome to the world of the sliding canopy! There is no right or wrong way, the best way is to study pic's of the real bird and try to duplicate it with what you have. I've yet seen a set of plans that has a sliding canopy drawn out for you. I'll do a search and see what i can come up wiyh for you. jeff
Thanks Jeff. I am also doing some research. I have a 'Scale In Detail' and a 'Walk Around', among others, and am studying the pictures for all sorts of details. Very helpful. Wish the local museum had a Jug. I did pick up some rails and was studying them this evening to see how I could make them work on this bubble. I cut it out and it fits good on the fuselage, but I will need to make a frame for it. Again, no templates on the plans for this, just the Razor canopy. I'm considering an aluminum hem on each edge where the come together. This would hold shape nicely, and look pretty good with some rivet detail. It just seems like once a good working system is worked out, it could be at least a suggestion on the plan. Oh well, guess that is what forums like this are for, right?[8D]