RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Yowza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

TechyJoe -

To seal the section whereprop shaft goes through the hull of the board I used epoxy resin. Itworked great and looks nice and neat. I let the epoxy cure a little when I had mixed it (Not too much) before I put it around the shaft to stop it running/dripping. No water gets in at all. (I'll take some pics of the whole setup once Brendon has finished checking it out)

Hopefully next week the LiPo battery will arrive and I can start installing the brushless gear once Brendon has checked it over.

I also just brought one of the Venom Pro Chargers for AUS $139....Tried it last night and it worked awesome. Really quick charge times and a lot of manual settings can be used for almost all types of batteries in RC.

Longboardt3 -

As TechyJoe suggested, get onto www.offshoreelectrics.com and search for couplers. This is where I got my motor, water jacket etc from. I live in Australia and it was all here within a week and packaged well. They also have brushed/brushless 540 motors if you still need to buy one.

Surfcurls -

Thanks for the info on the screws, i've got the original Kyosho dude, but will still add a light amount of grease. I'll say hi to Brendon for you, i'm looking forward to getting mine up and running properly.