RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth
Old 07-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Taurus Flyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth

Gents,

My thread is based on the facts I know, all you read is learn and “again” if you ever did forget.
Because nobody was serious interested in the finishing of the project, making the crate picture again I did stop showing more proves and facts. Of course I have! But they are for the future.

To continue my project I show the study of some parts of the Taurus that are interesting for me, in this situation the brakes.
Yesterday I did visit an airfield near our city and probably I can fly the Top Flite Taurus over there on nice grass. A club of me from the past I will visit in the future to try the brakes on asphalt.

Both systems I will test with the Top Flite MAN Taurus, so the plane is the same only some more heavy.
My cruise control will help me, the airspeed will be kept constant by the airspeed controller and so is known during the landing and moment of touch. The automatic “switch off” of the engine on moment of touch down makes it possible to compare the length of the runway after touchdown.
For that, “idle” adjustment of the engine will be zero.

The Top Flite Taurus already does have the main wheel brakes so it is easy to change over to nose wheel, a second nose leg.
The Top Flite Taurus also does have already a mounting position for the video link in a centerline pylon if necessary.
There are some airfoil and rib activities and also the Top Flite / MAN Taurus I have to build up to fly.

More to come.

Cees