RCU Forums - View Single Post - Safety Violations
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 11:53 PM
marineA4
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Safety Violations

I would have to agree with tschuy. That is the most reasonable way of handling violators. Its pretty tough to keep everyone happy at the flying field. And yes especially with the know it all's.
I'm not much of a club guy for the same reason, cause there is always one to screw up your day when you come out to have some fun. If its not the attitude tone, its the evil eye, or its the watch you like a hawk type of guy to come and say something about the most minor thing. I can go on and on!

The better approach would be to set up some violation examples on the board and make everyone notice it. Have them sign a waiver indicating of the rules and how they apply towards safety. I'm sure you guy have done all this already.

Yes, everyone has to have the chance of explaining their infraction. There can be occasions where a missed approach could have gone bad due to either traffic, wind conditions, etc. With good club officers i'm sure a conclusion can be given to the pilot. Of course, good judgement has to apply.

But yes, everyone should be given the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. I dont think booting the guy out of the club would achieve anything. All it will do is piss the guy off even more but who cares. I think losing the club dues from him would hurt more than anything else. Unless its a guy that you fellas dont like then what the heck, boot him out (not trying to single anyone out). I think there are better ways than booting someone out the club though.

Regards,