RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW KMP 95" B-25
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW KMP 95

Here is what i have ascertained regarding the mains and not operating well.
I took the mains out of the plane and tested them still hooked together. No kinks whatsoever. The operation did not improve. I did each gear alone and they seemed to work fine. I put them back in the plane making sure no kinks. Same operational status as before. They work(pulling the gear up at very high psi). But after dropping to 70 or less, its very hard for the gear to get the struts and wheels up.
I then flipped the plane over and retested. Well, this time, the gear will retract easily into the nacelles and then deploying them is the problem. So, bottom line is, the wheels are pretty heavy for the air cylinders in the retracts and its having problems raising the weight(whether the plane is right side up which would be retracing the gear...or upside down and deploying the gear sicne gravity is assisting the opposite direction of the problem). The only solution I can come up with now to get around this is to simply put an air system for each main thus there would be no split of the air volume or pressure.

Any thoughts on this?