RCU Forums - View Single Post - Beginner??? Probably!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Kennelmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beginner??? Probably!

ok guys, I hear you all....   Son is an RC pilot...   Tomorrow you can come back and say I told you so.  But as for myself, I have taught myself nearly every skill I have, and that is limited, but out of necessity.

Throughout my life, when I have wanted to learn a skill, I have looked to others to assist.  I have gone to the "pros" and paid $$$ and dues for learning.   I can't remember if I have ever had any luck with that.   "I can't today"  "I'm busy"  "go buy this go buy that".
It seems that everyone that wants to be a "teacher" or a docent, doesn't commit.

I have adopted the philosophy of learning skills by myself.  I do not disagree with any of your advice but it is just not for me.

But, on the otherhand, thanks for all the advice and encouragement.

Will I crash and destroy the plane.  Yep, I'm planning on it.  Who amoung you hasn't?   But, I also plan on learning something from each and every flight.

Again, thanks for the advice, come back tomorrow and say, "I told you so" or, with any luck, concentration, and aptitude, I'll report that the maiden flight was a success....

Paul