RCU Forums - View Single Post - strange crashes
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 02:21 AM
humpy64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange crashes

I have been intensively flying for two years and am a reasonable flyer. However, I have lost five planes very strangely despite meticulous preparation.
I have been flying normally and the plane suddenly turns down and goes vertical ending head on into the ground. I have done this from three mistakes high to l00 feet. There is no saving the plane.
My batteries are always charged fully, I use quality servos, I check and double check my settings and the trim is always right. The motors are excellent and always serviced and don't quit.
I cannot tell if the transmitter, a Spektrum DX7, responds because it happens so fast. The extra "antenna" is always at the factory position.
Today, I let an expert flyer fly my best plane a Super Sportster 120 and the exact same thing happened to him on a windless day after he was in the air about five minutes. Plane had fuel in it but was so demolished we couldn't gather anything from the "autopsy."
This has happened to a Sig Sr Kadet, two Super Sportster 60s, a Messerschmidt and the one that crashed today.
Any ideas?