RCU Forums - View Single Post - * . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *
Old 07-09-2009, 10:31 AM
l07smitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

........they're the same but with a different name for where it's distributed. my Jammin had nice ribbed yellow tire inserts instead of foam.

-Anyways, it's time for a motor and I think I'm gonna go with a Picco .28 P3 turbo. ......or a .21 Evo 3. Was looking at the Jammin but LHS said they had some bearing issus. Grabbed an 086 pipe with a double bend there and in addition, I picked up an Ace (Thunder Tiger) DS 1015 for throttle/brake duties but now I think I'll use it for steering and pick up a Hitec HS-965MG for throttle instead. Both are .10 second servos (.108 for the Ace and over 200 oz. of torque) but the Hitec steps it down to 131oz. of torque (and $30 cheaper) which is in my interest (the lower torque) for throttle brake and has an arguably more reliable servie record. I feel this is a great setup and anything more may just be overkill or unneeded besides the great benifits of titanium gears in the best Hitec servos. Anyone disagree and feel that 200oz. torque isn't enough for the steering? I do strongly feel that anything faster than .10 second sevos is a waste unless you have lipo powered brushless finger joints!! I'm trying to ride the line (or go slightly over) of having the almost best equipment-but without wastefully paying for torque and speed that isn't even used, and the extra long service life of titanium gears goes against my thinking for 1/8 buggy/truggies when other things may/can and will break in a servo and i tend to replace in 2 years (at most) anyways to be safe, ..........at least with the throttle/brake. At first I was set on having the best of the best.....or damn close to it with either the titanium gear setups from Hitec or a pair of JR 9100T & 9100S, but from what the veteran fast guys are telling me at the track is not to pay for what I can't use.........and they even admit that they can't either and alot of it is just bragging rights. I respect his honesty.