RCU Forums - View Single Post - AquaCraft Alligator RTR
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 PM
donahue_85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AquaCraft Alligator RTR

I just bought one, well it's on backorder. It should be here in a week or so, as I'm told by my local hobby shop where I orderd it from. The date today is (7/10/09), I was told it SHOULD be here right around the date of (7/16/09). I'm guessing I'm wrong? Well, anyhow, from what I see you all talking about, seems like I made a good investment! I have a buddy that is really into R/C cars & trucks. He loves them! He has 2 right now, don't remember the names of them because I'm still new to this whole thing. As far as the boat goes, I assumed I could take it home, put together what needed to be & go! I had no idea there was a break in period or anything. I know you all may laugh at me, but as I said, I'm new, give me a break! LOL!

So, what do I have to do with her when I get her home for the first time?? I REALLY REALLY don't want to break it or blow it up AT ALL!!! I have a 3yr. old son that I would like to interest in R/C hobbies, that is the main reason that the wife let me make the purchace! LOL! Seriously, I do not want to break it in any way, I noticed that a few of you said the cage is not up to par, the engine dies out after about 6 minutes & a few other things. I have weighed my options & I think this is a good buy no matter what. A little maintenance is expected, like a car.

Will it be okay to run in my front yard? Is there a big issue with roll-over? How does it do in the water (choppy, flat glass)? I live on a river in Florida, & I spend a lot of time out there, so will my R/C airboat. Just want to tie up some loose ends. Thanks! Any input is appreciated!!!!