RCU Forums - View Single Post - I could really use some help.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 02:04 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: I could really use some help.

ORIGINAL: CaptainRandy

da Rock & Evan,

I see what you guys mean about the trees. The first trip I made out there, I thought this is going to be scary. I have watched a lot of slope video's, and even bought that DVD with the guy doing like 186mph. I think they call it dynamic soaring or something.

All the slopes in those videos, were like you say, treeless slopes.

I only have three sailplanes, and two of them are electric. I know, I know, that's cheating

My only pure glider is the little Fling, but I need to get a new surge tube, as it rotted.

I am pretty much available all the time, so if you guys can put together a date for a few guys to meet up, that would be awesome.

I was Navy also, retired too, but not from the Navy. Just proud to have served. I was in 1971-75 Vietnam vet.

AeaJr,

That is some great stuff you posted links too. I will be exploring a lot of them. I could have used the one on retreiving planes from trees a couple of weeks ago.

Who says slope soaring with an electric glider is cheating? Tell them to mind their own business.

Slope soaring with anything is great! I slope with electric gliders, electric planes, pure gliders, garbage can covers, whatever I can find.

You got an electric you want to take to the slope, then fly it and tell the purists to stick it!