RCU Forums - View Single Post - What one flys better the Ziroli Hellcat or Corsair?
Old 06-26-2003, 02:05 AM
US185Damiani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What one flys better the Ziroli Hellcat or Corsair?

The Corsair and the Hellcat BOTH have short noses ahead of ther wing leading edge. Look closely at pictures and you'll see they look very similar. The difference is in the location of the cockpit. The corsiar is called the hose nose because the cockpit is so far back from the nose. THe hellcat and corsair are BOTH very close in speed but the Hellcat was and is much easier to fly because of its cranked wing dihedral ALA T-6, DC3 and TBF Avenger. THe generous tail moment on both airplanes is what gives them very nice handling attributes. I have flown 2 or 3 different Corsairs and they fly like a dream. The P-40 is such a tricky airplane because it is Short coupled and the nose is almost as long as the tail. (My CG is still a little too far aft so that doesn't help either LOL) this makes for difficult handling. (I have a TF P-40)
anyway Enjoy them both The Ziroli Corsair flies like a dream, and the Hellcat is almost a heavy trainer in the handling department.
Good luck!
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	89361_6469.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	51541