RCU Forums - View Single Post - I could really use some help.
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 02:20 PM
CaptainRandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I could really use some help.

Second Maiden was much better. I added about two more oz of lead to the nose, and it was much better. She climbed out pretty well, and wasn't too bad to handle. I did notice that she was VERY touchy with the elevator, so I had to be careful not to hobby horse it around. I got her up pretty high and cut the power. Now she liked that. I glided around for a while, and after loosing some altitude, I powered her up again. The response was less intimidating this time.

After a few up to altitude, I decided I had better see how this thing lands. I had a lot of room on a freshly cut hay field, so I wasn't afraid that I would run out of room. She cam in just as sweet as ever, as long as I stayed off the elevator.

I guess I need some more nose weight to bring that elevator sensitivity under control.

At least there was no crash

Upon inspection when I returned home, the rudder servo had stripped it's gears. I can't imagine why, as I hardly even touched the rudder. I have HS 81's in there for rudder & elevator. I have another set of gears, so I will replace them and give it another try.

She weighs in at approx 3.5 lbs