RCU Forums - View Single Post - Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 03:42 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

what you need to do the first thing is to stop your frustration and keep an open mind. You are in a learning process and if the heli doesn't fly that doesn't mean it's broken. You just can't become an instant pilot overnight. Please be patient and hobby is fun if and only if you do it right. Don't blame the machine and blame yourself for don't know the background knowledge on the mechanics of the heli. Bottom line: keep an open mind and this is the attitude we all should be having towards hobby.

ok do a test for me. If you hold the tail rotor tight with your right hand and spin the main gear clockwise with your left hand. Are you able to spin the main gear clockwise? You should not be able to spin the main gear because the tail rotor is held tight by your right hand and there should be a lock. If there is no lock that means you need to replace 50h08-26. This lock necessary for the gyro and tail servo to work. Let me know before I help you futher? what's your order number?

Andy
ORIGINAL: Chivone

Hey Andy

I've been reading all the posts about the raptor g2, and quite frankly....I'm disturbed. The electronics are HORRIBLE. The problems with this helicopter are across the board. People are finding faulty gyros, faulty servos, faulty transmitters, all in relation to a heli that spins uncontrollable. Ok, fundamentals 101:

If the pitch is off.....you are NEVER getting off the ground. As for spinning? OMG....could be anything. Bad servo, stripped tail gear, stripped belt, gyro not sending signal, transmitter not sending signal. Where the FCK do you start.

SO.....first off, I'll check to see if the gyro is a piece of **** like everyone says. I disconnected the motor from the esc, and rotated the heli to see if I get any authority from the tail...what do YOU think. Yeah, you guessed it. Nothing. Bad gyro? How can the gyro go so fast....it's never had more that 14 minutes continuous on the motor, or never more than 2 feet off the ground.

If it isn't the gyro, instead of getting another transmitter, do you think I could bind the G2 to my spectrum transmitter from my Eflite Blade 400, and see THEN if the pile of **** really is a pile of ****?

I will give it this much. When I first got it, I did the usual once over, then fired it up, hovered around a bit, and no sooner than I'd admit, it turned nasty, and hasn't been the same since. But in those first few minutes, I was impressed with the smoothness and quietness, and the cadillac handling. But then it just plain 'ol turned to ****.
I'm beginning to think this is going to make a nice display dust collectorl.

What do you think?