RCU Forums - View Single Post - Probllem with airplane roling without cause
Old 07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
balsadust74
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Probllem with airplane roling without cause

The elevator is not twisting, both half’s are connected with piano wire and the control horn is on the right side if memory serves me correctly. The plane has been rebalanced and is set up as recommended in the instruction book. The engine was found to have too much right thrust, how my crew chief and I missed this I don't know. The trust is now set up per the instructions. Next I am going to make sure the amount of throw of the elevator is set per the instructions, (as I may have set it up to have more throw than was recommended). I plan on flying it Sunday and if the problem continues I think the next thing I am going to do is remove some weight from the left wing tip that was added to counter balance or laterally balance the airplane. When I fly it I am going to try some inverted flight and pushups to see if it drops the same wing. I will let everyone know how it flies on Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed that I get it back on the ground in one piece. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and recommendations.
Gavin