RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official DB-01 Durga Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Lanzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official DB-01 Durga Thread

Hello,
Long time reader, just joined! I have just bought a DB-01 (Durga) after much deliberation and research into the models currently available. I started out with a Tamiya Madcap, then moved onto Gliders, then power Airplanes, then Heli’s, now back to cars. Which I am loving!
So the Durga is just finished. Final paint coat last night. I am very impressed with the kit. Considering I have not built a car from scratch for 10 years, it went together great. A few ambiguous moments in the instructions but all good in the end. (I made a lot of notes about the build as I went (i.e things I was not sure about and the answers I found etc) I also photographed each step. I thought I could post a sort of beginners guide to building a DB-01 when I get around to putting it all together. Photo of the final product below.
While building the Durga, I also installed the following:
- Double Slipper Clutch
- Tamiya Sports Tuned Motor
- Standard Tamiyia ‘TEU 101-BK’ ESC
- 3600mah Lipo
A friend of mine also just bought a Tamiya Frog. His frog is running the exact same type of battery and ESC but he is running with the stock standard 540 silver can motor.
We went for a test run last night in my apartment parking lot. My friends Frog accelerates hard, really hard it is a fight to control the back end under full throttle. My Durga on the other hand is a much much quieter, And a lot less urgent when I give it full throttle. I would not go so far as to call it slow, but I am a bit disappointed. I know that you lose power by distributing it to the Durga’s 4 wheels rather than the Frogs 2 Wheels . And I know the Durga is heavier. But I would have expected that with a sports Tuned motor vs a Silver Can the performance would have been comparable??
FYI I am running the Small 17T Pinion Gear. And the car is very smooth.
Does this sound normal for a Durga with a Spots Tuned motor? Or do you think something is wrong with my setup? or Is it just a case of needing a more powerful motor in the Durga?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28496.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1236996