RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official DB-01 Durga Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Lanzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official DB-01 Durga Thread

The kit also came with a 23T pinion gear. I could give that a try. However I was under the impression that the larger pinion would slow the acceleration and increase the top speed. Is that correct?? I kind of wanted it the other way around. Essentially what I want is enough power from stand still that I have to back off and control my throttle properly rather than just pushing it full ball and wishing it had more power all the time.
I will be using my Durga mostly for thrashing about in my garage and some casual racing with friends. So I do not want to overkill the motor to the point that constant maintenance is required and constant drive train parts are being stripped (hopefully the double slipper clutch will help there). But I want it FAST. I have developed good throttle control from planes and heli’s so I know I can handle more power.
What motor would you suggest? I was thinking a 19T Brushed or a 10T Brushless? I would prefer to not go Brushless yet, cause I thought the sports tuned was going to cut it, so I bought the brushed Tamiya TEU 101-BK speed controller just on the weekend – looks like that was a bad call.
Can some people suggest some motors both Brushed and Brushless that they are happy with?

P.s. yeah teh paint job turned out great, very happy!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62231.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1237178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35141.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	1237179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13359.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	107.7 KB