RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 PM
mike109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

G'day Saito lovers everywhere.

My Saitos have been quiet lately. I've been in Europe. I looked in vain for hobby shops but I did manage to find some related things on my tour.

I noted that English Summer weather can be very good for model flying. It was mostly fine, calm and warm. So warm that the locals were calling it a heat wave.

But my greatest discovery was near Cambridge, about an hour north east of London. As we pulled into the car park of the Imperial War Museum (Duxford), two Spitfires roared past in close formation. I dragged out the camera and took a few in-expert photos. The sound of two Merlins was truly inspiring.

The aircraft collection is pretty amazing too. Standing inside Concorde 101 (the British pre-production prototype) was creepy. This thing had been to Australia (and I think I saw it), and still holds the record for the fastest crossing of the Atlantic by a passenger carrying aircraft at just under three hours. 101 is full of test gear but does have several rows of seats which give the idea of what it was like to fly in Concorde. It is about the same size as the Dash 8 we flew in from Sydney to Dubbo but longer.

If you are heading to the UK and you like aeroplanes (and you would not be here if you did not), Duxford is a Must.

Mike from Oz currently shot through with possible Swine Flu - the downside of air travel.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11435.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	1237936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt59979.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1237937