RCU Forums - View Single Post - AquaCraft Alligator RTR
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 PM
deslok113

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AquaCraft Alligator RTR

If the boat wants to flip on you put 2 #4 washers on the back 2 motor mounts to level the engine. Aquacraft factory sets the thrust angle at +6deg. Their thinking is to plant the aft end into the water to raise the bow making the boat go faster. While the top end will be a little faster with this method the problem is that on turns the airboat tends to want to flip over. Zeroing the thrust angle with the addition of the 2 washers will fix this. You want the washers to be on the motor mounts closest to the fuel tank. Do you own a brazing torch? You might need one. I got one at Lowes (and they have it a Home Depot) for $50. The brazing rods cost about $10. If you flip the boat on grass (and even on water) you may damage the cage. The joints will pop off. You can spend $50 over and over again replacing the cage or learn how to braze (if you don't already know how). It's more like soldering than welding.
For all its headaches this is a really fun r/c boat. I've since gotten rid of all my Nitro marine engine boats, in favor of air powered boats and Fast Electrics. Brushless electric motors are faster than nitro engines!! But that's another story...