RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aerobird wing reinforcement??
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 09:08 PM
physicsphlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird wing reinforcement??

Hello! I just got an Aerobird and while I have fewer than 5 flights under my belt, I must say, I absolutely love it!!! I've spent many hours on the G2 flight simulator and have flown a couple of glow planes. I decided to get the Aerobird for the convenience of being able to walk to the park accross the street and be flying in 5 minutes.

I do have one question. How do I reinforce the wing? I've flown in some pretty stiff wind and have been successful at controlling the plane. However, yesterday I was having a ball watching my 'bird scoot through the sky when I decided to try a loop. Toward the very beginning of the maneuver (where the plane begins to gain altitude) there was a gust of wind and low and behold, the wing snapped right in two!!!

Luckily the plane was close to the ground when this happend and the fall didn't do much damage. During previous flights I had seen the wing flex a great deal during loops, but assumed it wouldn't break right in half. I guess I was wrong.

Does anyone have any experience with this happening to them? Does anyone have a good idea for reinforcing the wing to prevent this in the future?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!