RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fascination 50 ARF available
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 PM
jetflyrf86
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fascination 50 ARF available

I was looking for a new smaller F3A pattern plane and not looking to spend a bunch of money. Went to texasrcplanes.com and contacted the owner. He said he was getting a new shipment in and had a 50 size pattern ship in the bunch. So I ordered it on his recommendation.

Lo and behold a Fascination 50 showed up. The design is really sweet looking and I put it together knowing that its only flaw was the landing gear mounting. I powered it with a Thunder Tiger 46 and it is a great flyer with that motor. So, of course I had a dead stick landing and had to land it in the grass. Of course the gear was pulled out. The landing gear plate was a small piece of China plywood glued in to the nose supported by 2 small triangle balsa pieces and who knows what kind of glue.

So, it gave me a chance to engineer a new platform to install the pulled out landing gear. Aside from that it still is a good looking model. I even did a search on RCU and it showed some company was selling them on Ebay with you guessed it the same problem with the landing gear.

Photo to refresh memories of the older posts
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72907.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1241809