RCU Forums - View Single Post - New 81" P-47 ARF coming from Hangar 9
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 06:57 PM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: New 81

Test flew my Hangar 9 p-47 today. It flew great. I would go no more than a 1.80 2 stroke on this plane and no less than a 1.60. I did have a 1.40 super tigre that I was going to put in it, but I think I would have been disappointed. The plane was tail heavy when I took it off for the first flight so I did not get to trim it out, I was just worried about landing it. So when I landed it; one gentleman said, "if you have a master air screw prop put that on there, it will add some weight to it." He said that because I had a Zinger prop and they are real light. I put master air screw prop on there and adjusted the mechanical links on the elevator and took back off. Oh and I had 30% expo on the rudder and elevator. It still was a little tail heavy but no where near as bad as the first flight. I also have a 1 oz spinner hub on it, and I might change it to a 2 oz and that should take care of the balance issue. So, on the second flight I trimmed it out. After trimming it out I must say it flies like a dream at about 3/4 throttle and a full it is great. The OS 160 fx with a 18x10 prop pulls it great, and it is great on fuel. After a good flight I still had 1/2 tank of nitro. I am going to fly it again tomorrow with a new 2oz hub on the front and probably with a 18x8 prop. I will put pictures and a video on here tomorrow.