RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 02:35 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

ORIGINAL: RAPPTOR

the main spar does not fail at the ends.. it fails in the center..mine was also to short..you are missing the point.. when fliyng,the wing loading is more or less spread over the entire wing..its not lifted just at the wing tip.anyway, after taxie, and 2 minutes of flight,its {the fuel tank}the same as the guy who has 3 tanks!!! now you can fly like a .''SPAZ''... so much for extra g''s the front ,so called spar does not even go all the way through the rib it ends at.. its capt off.. spar?????????
Unfortunatly this is not quite correct, a wing is a cantilever and does not have a Universly distributed Load (UDL) due to the wing being tapered and the tip voticies dimminishing the lift capability of the wing due to turbulance, the fulcrum for the wing spar/cantilever is at the root rib and any failier whould be at a point away from this fulcrum, assuming the spar is able to take the shear load. but along the spar towards the other wing at a point that the cantilever changes load application or the load is equalised i.e in a rate turn when both wings are loaded equally this would be in the centre and the maximum bending moment would be there. The front so called spar if only a incidence pin would only need to be short and through the root rib into the fus, the designers of this airframe considered the front spar needed to be longer to take some of the load off the main spar and distrubute this into the fus at that point, if the manufacturer thought they could get away with an incidence pin only 1" long then that is what they would have supplied in the interests of cost efficiency.

Taking into account the stories of folded wings admittedly not total failiers and bent main spars, I would suggest that the main spar is reinforced in some manner to help with the increased load that would be placed on this by removal of the continuity of the front spar.

Just a suggestion.
Mike