RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE

We went from one roll to the next. The one labeled as "TBX-1 Building" contained something else. I was becoming anxious, as we had gone though several rolls of drawings without luck, with 10-20 more. Remember, I am basically a stranger showing up on Helen's doorstep with a DVD in my hand as my only "gift" to her. I was sure Helen was going to say in essence, "...enough of this...we've seen enough, but perhaps because Willie was there and he didn't seem bored at looking through the plans we continued...still I felt it was about over. Finally a larger "scroll" revealed the faded blueprint of the TBX-1 with a date of early January 1965. It was like being in a treasure room of an Egyptian tomb to me.

I knew visiting the Brett home was not going to be something that would happen often as I live some 650 miles away, and we were barely acquaintances. I gathered together all the "nerve" I could and asked if I could borrow the plans...

The plans for the TBX-1 are now on loan from Helen Brett. The rolls, (about 5-6 of them), having to do with the TBX were put to the side...no time to look at them then. On the return trip....in the motel room I began to look at the rolls and discovered another "unlabeled" plan on two rolls of tracing paper was also included. It looks like the Perigee, but I'll have to take measurement to be sure.

More to come...
OMG!!![X(][X(]

It's unbelieveable that plans still exists! I guess my questions are: are the plans in good enough shape to copy, are all of the patterns shown to build a model, and most importantly, do you have permission to copy them? The TBX-1 has been something I've tried drawing (more like sketches) several years ago but gave up as there just wasn't enough info to make a viable project out of it. If possible, I'd like to tackle a scratch project over the winter. What are the possibilities Duane?

FB