RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 09:26 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE

ORIGINAL: Free Bird

Interested isn't the word I would use, take it up a few notches and you'll get the idea that I'm a big fan of Tom Brett. My Perigee restoration project is in the final painting stages for a late August completion. I also have a set of Nimbus plans and I know what you mean about the detail Tom put into his work. I'm extermely happy to know that the TBX-1 plans are being copied. Please advise when a set will be available (also cost). Thanks for keeping me in mind for this Duane, I'm still blown away about this piece of news!

BTW - I wish I could have been at Asheville, I'll plan on it next year. Sounds like a excellent SPA event!

FB
I'm still blown away about this piece of news!

This past Asheville contest was the best we've had; I think it went well.

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. It's been close to four weeks now, and when I write about it, I am still "blown away"; seeing Toms planes and visiting with Helen was the fulfillment of something I'd wanted to do for a very long time. I hope I can visit her again sometime, and talk a bit more.

I think you and I, (and Evan down-under) share the same enthusiasm for researching and building planes that matter to us personally. It's hard to explain to others who are probably wondering "...what the big deal is"... but I'm sure they have their own areas where they can get excited. As I said in the first post, at my point in life I don't get to experience this feeling of "little kid excitement" very often; it's a great feeling to have. I wish I could "bottle it".

Duane