RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 01:24 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE

ORIGINAL: Free Bird

Actually, hanging on this forum has fired the passion for the history/researching vintage planes. It really started a couple of years ago after my Dad passed away and wanting to build (again) the same models we labored over when I was a kid. After I got my Perigee, I really started looking for info, that and the Taurus thread has been a big inspiration. The coming of a Taurus II and a Simla has hasn't hurt my passion either! BTW - I just told WEDJ of the TBX-1 plans and you could have knocked him over with a feather.!

FB
Each of us has a story of how we got where we are now. There is something "cool" about revisiting some of the high points in our life's journey, and returning to things that have influenced us a lot when we were young and impressionable.

Speaking of WEDJ, we need to hear more from him. I'm not sure how many out there know that contained on Chuck's video is video footage of Tom taxiing out the TBX-1 and a few seconds of it making a low pass and "Victory Roll". I'm sure the TBX-1 wasn't the best flying pattern ship ever designed, but it sure looked good in that footage, and it seems to fly well enough to have a ball with it. The TBX-1 drew a crowd then, and it will sure draw a crowd at the local field NOW .

Duane

My hope and goal is to post excerpts of Chuck's video on YouTube having to do with Tom and his designs, and provide a link on this thread.