RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dissapointed in OS service
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Luftwaffe Oberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dissapointed in OS service

I just bought a O.S .91 FX Ringed engine and the glow plug hole in the head wasn't tapped correctly. It went half way by hand then stopped. I then took my wrench and tightened it down and procceded to break in my engine on my engine stand. When I was finished with the break in, I pulled the glow plug out and replaced it with the new one. This time I started it by hand again, and it went in all the way.

And when I put the glow plug wrench on it... it wouldn't tighten. I took the head off and contacted Hobbico. They told me the engine is still under warrenty and to send it postmarked and insurred with a confirmation to them. What a pain! Then after 4 workdays later,they E-mailed me saying they are charging me for the head. Again I was on the phone with Customer Service at Hobbico and she apologized and said it was free, but it would be a month before they got the part due to it was on back order.

About a month went by and I got a post card in the mail saying they got the part and will be shipping the head out, but that I had to pay $20 in shipping. Then I got the E-mail saying the same thing and again I was on the phone with Customer Service. This time I was a little hot.

I finally got my engine head and it's fine and they backed the warrenty. Because of this I like O.S. Engines, but I don't like their customer service. I have way less hassels from Horizon with their Evolution Engines!

But we all have good and bad experiences. I guess it all depends who we deal with and when. I'm in retail and a Bike Tech, so I've seen a few things. If these people played the game, "how quick can I make this customer happy" the quicker we would be saying more possitive things about them. Bad stuff spreads well doesn't it?