RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE

ORIGINAL: Free Bird

I have the DVD and was amazed to see the TBX-1 on it. It's a real treat to see something so unusual in flight. I would have to agree about the flight performance about the TBX-1, but I for one would really like to find out first hand how it flies. I'll bet it's a real hoot flying it with today's equipment. Hmmm....Asheville '10.

FB
I very much doubt I would ever fly the TBX-1 at an SPA contest since the contest seems to "whittle" the available pool down to a half dozen or so proven performers that fly with a minimum of correction through the maneuvers. My bet is the TBX would require more than average corrections to make it track well ....... but it sure would be fun to have the "honor" of finding out. Not everything we fly has to be "SPA material".

Along the same lines, I have heard more than one person quote Don Lowe as saying he "hates" the Phoenix 1, or make a comment like, "...why did you build that pile of junk...". I can guess what characteristics of the plane Don might object to, (such as the semi-symmetrical wing", and excessive wing sweep), but I still like the way the plane looks in the air...like an F-86...and I still want to build one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16351.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1245896