RCU Forums - View Single Post - hurricane c5 review
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 03:48 PM
big boater
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hurricane c5 review

well this is a review on the hurricane c5 1/5 scale 4 wheel drive truck....
i got it new but i took it all apart just to make sure its all there and that it has thread lock were needed.
when i got to the rear of the truck i found that the factory screwed up and installed a short shock shaft in one of the shocks. so i contacted the place i got it from and told them and they are sending me a new long shock shaft out ok heres the review.....

i think the stock air filter is junk so i installed a complete hpi 5b air filter on it but i had to cut part of the roll cage for it to fit. i found very little grease in the diffs so i filled them up. also the rear CV drive on the right side of the truck popped out of the diff cup. there is 2 thinks you can do ( 1 is put limiting straps on the lower arms or 2 i put o-rings on the diff cups shafts). doing that will bring the diff cups out a little bit and it works.
the gas cap gasket is cheep and leaks so I'm going to make a rubber gasket.

over all i like the truck, the zen 230 engine runs great and has no problem moving this truck and the tires are good also.

i say if anybody is thinking of getting one of these to go ahead. i will get some good pics of the truck and post them tomorrow. thanks.