RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:08 AM
gws_003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hobby Zone

ORIGINAL: Sinai

I was getting 6 or 7 minute flights too and 8 minutes on the 8-cell. The box makes it seem like you're up there chillin' for 15 minutes. I've only seen my father n law get that kind of longevity on the 7-cell by going up, cutting the throttle and gliding around conservatively. But I always seem to fly, as gws says, with ''a heavy left thumb'' too. I'm always at full throttle it seems.

Now that i got some lipo batts, I always put my watch in ''stop watch'' mode, at ''0.00'', and press the ''start'' button before I throttle up on a new batt. I want to take care of my batts. So I don't fly them to deadstick very often.
Could I fly for 13 or more minutes on 1 battery? Of course I could. A Lipo can do that and more. But I usually look at my watch and start thinking about landing for a pitt-stop battery change at about ten minutes or so. It's better on the battery, and for me there's no reason to fly to deadstick unless I just plan to. After two flights, i'm good anyway and might do a 3rd flight but most of the time i don't.

hey this plane is a great trainer, and beyond. I agree with you too . It's great to hear that some of you are getting that landing down. I enjoy landing this plane so much because of the way it looks coming in, and how well it handles even in wind. I saw belemnoid set his cub down in the wind like a helicopter with my own eyes one day. We flew at a mutual location in California. It was amazing how much that plane flies like the real thing.
Hey Sinai, With the new Lipo's, I'm learning left thumb control,,,,trying to make them last,,,HA HA,,,won't happen for long tho....