RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

MICRO STRYKER AND GLASSED EDF SPEED WING

Got a few pictures to show. First plane is the early rough cuts of a micro Stryker. Just need to sand to final scale detail and then install the micro gear. It'll also be getting scale hatches and motor mount to be as precise of a replica as possible.

The other plane is the fiberglassed speed wing with 68mm 5 blade EDF and 4000 k/v Turnigy E500 outrunner. 40 Amp Suppo (Super Simple) ESC with added heat sink to play it safe, as initial peak WOT for the first 30 seconds or so should be around 44 amps before leveling off to around 38. Want to keep that thing cool, but I will cut down the height of the heat sink later. HXT900 servos.

Both the ESC and RX stick out of the body a bit but will be covered with air pods to slick them out. EDF tube is a styrafoam cup holder that has been glassed for strength. Unit is zip tied to the body. All wires sunk. Will also be adding clay to the trailing exterior edge of the instake ring to further streamline that. I'll be creating a battery pod up front to silk that out. Both servo linkages will be covered with hollow v-stabs to slick them out, just like I did with my streamlined Stryker. Botched the cut on the elevons (cut all the way through by mistake) so I had to re-attach them with tape. No big deal.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47074.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1246453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12016.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1246454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot46584.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	57.5 KB