RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 10:54 PM
dean2287

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hobby Zone

Tooka flight after dinner tonight at the usual park. There was a bit of a breeze, but I decided to go anyway. The plane tossed around pretty good up there, but I'm getting better on the controls. I turned off the ACT and managed a few stall turns, dives, touch and go's, and loops. I put it down well a few times (though I nosed it on the grass once) and generally had a rewarding flight.

The park I fly at has a paved square at the center for a hockey rink in winter. It's the perfect airstrip, except that it is surrounded by light poles which are strung together with overhead wires! I have to make sure to come in "under the wire", so to speak, and avoid the poles. It makes me really focus on controlling the plane!

I'm already looking around for bigger planes. I took a look at a Great Planes Piper J-3 40 a fellow locally is selling, but he set it up with a HUGE 0.91 4-stroke engine and it need a bitof work. Another guy has a Hobby Lobby Funster 0.40 72" for sale, scratch built witha pilot, and yet another fellow is selling his NexStar 0.46 trainer, which nicely comes with a field kit. Decisions, decisions....

Regardless, the Cub is with me to stay!!