RCU Forums - View Single Post - STAR WARS Tie-Fighter Interceptor Build?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:56 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STAR WARS Tie-Fighter Interceptor Build?

My son and I got another video made. This time it is longer since I got the memory card in the camera. But at the time I had forgot to turn the resolution back up so once again low quality.. Oops. We will make one more today in better quality and get that posted.

This video here you can see it a bit better. On this video I have both canopies on so it has that shape and looks correct now. I did not have my front nose gear on and you can see how it tips over when I land. But I have that all squared away now.

I made a few changes since last time. I cut off all those nasty white zip ties and replaced with black ones. I added some High Intensity Red LED's I got from Radio Shack to act as the bottom laser cannons. I kind of goofed on that and got red instead of green like the movie. But ah well it will have to do they are in now. That and I couldn't find green when I went back to Radio Shack. I have these wired in parallel into two small 3 volt watch type batteries and a push button switch. Right now it does not work since the switch is to stiff for the small servo to move it. I was looking for a small black switch relay type with the long metal arm. Once I fond one of those I will use that and then be able to use from my radio. So for now I have to push button with my finger lol.

Hope you enjoy the video. There is now music or anything to it just flying. Once I make a higher res video I will add some music to it and make it look better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esGXIJYhbls