RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good 1/8 buggies for $300?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good 1/8 buggies for $300?

ORIGINAL: Brett185

I have the hyper 7 with an axial .28 spec 1s mounted in it. And I tell you, you won't find a more durable buggy. Yes, I have several upgrades on it, such as carbon fiber upper plate, and aluminum throughout, but still, I have beaten the ever living crap out of it for several months now, and ( knock on wood ) I haven't broken one single part on the whole buggy.....seriously..... I would put my hyper against any of the more expensive brand buggys out there, and I would be more than confident that it will out bash all of them.....
^^^ditto^^^

I have the Hyper 7 PCR Pro edition with the Hyper .21 turbo, and have all the carbon, and aluminum upgrades. the only weak spot I have found is the rear wing brace and shock tower bolts can strip out of the rear diff case uprights they secure to, easy 10 minute 2 dollar fix if you drill the 4 holes through and use lock nuts to hold the brace boilts in place there is not a whole lot you can do to damage this thing. I had mine lose the throttle servo and hit a curb head on at half throttle, and the only damage was bent shock shafts.
the Hyper 7 IMO is a great all around buggy, and can race or bash and hold it's own... great buy for 300 new...