RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Guillows RC conversion - a few Q's
Old 08-06-2009, 06:02 AM
adam.j.mooren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Guillows RC conversion - a few Q's

thank you so much
Ive been doing some research with other blogs and i found out that the spektrum AR6400 wouldnt be a safe bet if you plan on only using 3 ch. since it is a brick and you cannot program which servo will be for what channel. On the AR6400 the two built in servos are for the elevator and rudder channels, which is perfect for a 4 ch setup. However if you only plan on using 3 channels your rudder will still be on your left stick. A way to save the headache and $10 is to buy the vapor brick. It has the same plugs for motors and is set up for elevator and rudder but the rudder will actually be the same channel as your aileron on your transmitter (your rudder will be back on the right stick).
I also found out that the vapor brick (with some mad soldering skills) can be made into a 5 Ch reciever.
as far as motors the vapor motor and the sukhoi motor have seperate order numbers but i cant find a difference.
with the amount of weight being saved i might think that the sukhoi stock motor might be able to pull it off with flying colors.
just thought id share that info with you guys