RCU Forums - View Single Post - Programming Futaba 6EX for an Axe 400
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Programming Futaba 6EX for an Axe 400

At first look the radio set up sheet with the RxR is confusing and not explained very well.

Most of the confusion comes from the top row listing the individual systems and the swashplate set up. It is divided into columns which have nothing to do with the information listed below the swash set up row. So once your swash set up is selected for your particular transmitter, ignore the remaining transmitters and the column they are in.

Move down to the larger chart and read across the row for settings pertaining to the item listed in the black column on the left.

The 6EX does not have the easiest to navigate menus so have your radio manual available.

It helps to download the manual for the RTF version as it contains rod lengths.

Also my RxR needed adjustments to the collective pitch linkages on the rotor head to obtain the pitch settings described even though the rods lengths were correct. The tail rotor rod length was correct but the position of the servo on the tail boom needed adjustment to center bellcrank linkage at the tail rotor end.

The Gyro was completely out of adjustment but easily corrected using the hidden trimmer pot illustrated in the addendum (download if not included with your heli).

It took me several hours to set up the heli using the 6EX, however it flew well on the initial lift off requiring only minor tweaking.

I view many of the heli manuals today as being prepared by a heli Geek. He knows what he is talking about but lacks awareness and communication skills to describe things to a normal person!

Advise if some of my explanation makes sense, or not. I'll help where I can.