RCU Forums - View Single Post - Programming Futaba 6EX for an Axe 400
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Programming Futaba 6EX for an Axe 400

ORIGINAL: Mustang Fever

Almost forgot: is the correct power up procedure as follows (this is how I've been doing it):
TX ON
Low rates to low, gyro switch down (off), throttle hold on
Bird ON
After all the beeping and chirping stops, gyro switch up (on), throttle hold off, fly.

I'm asking because I'm not sure I'm initializing the gyro correctly.

What's your opinion on shortening the aileron servo link one turn and lengthening the collective link one turn to build in some right hand swashplate tilt so as to counteract the T/R induced left hand drift? (I used trim for this on my Pro, but wonder if that's really correct.)
The gryo should be initialized in head hold so try it with the switch on when plugging in.

Setting up the gyro is the most time consuming. Start with rudder trim and subtrim at zero, set the gyro gain pot to half way between stops. Turn off the gyro switch so the servo is centered. Loosen the rudder servo mounts and slide the servo fore/aft to center the T/R bellcrank. Turn on gyro switch....if the servo creeps or travels quickly in one direction the trimmer pot under the label needs adjustment. Toggle the transmitter gyro switch on/off and adjust the trimmer in HH mode to match the center. It is very sensitive so make extremely small adjustments. You may never stop the creep completely but it should hardly be noticable.

Use transmitter aileron trim to correct the left drift unless it is severe. If so, adjust the linkage.

Initialize in HH mode and lift off. Rudder trim can then be used to counter tail drift. If it takes a lot of trim, go back through the set up again. It shouldn't take more than a couple of trim beeps to correct the drift.