RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie to Gas General Information
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie to Gas General Information

38. Using Stuff NOT from the Manufacturer - in general, unless you have a field full of qualified and experienced gas-helpers, make your FIRST gasser install **exactly like the engine manufacturer tells you to do it*** This helps you in several ways....1) you'll be doing what the folks who will WARRANTY the thing have said to do....2) if you have to call them for help, they will know how your system is setup and it will be easier on both of you for troubleshooting....3) sometimes stuff that folks buy as 'add-ons' to make things better, easier, neater, really do NOT, and then as a new user, you have inadvertently placed unknown variables into the "why doesn't this work?" equation. It is just really easier, the FIRST time, to "do it the easy way", and "follow the instructions", as much as that advice may seem counter-intuitive to our knowledge and reason.

39. If you have read this thread this far, please go back to the start and remind yourself of the "basics". When things don't go well, most of us immediately begin jumping on "device or component failure". The sad truth, and I am absolutely including myself in this, is that the MAJORITY of time it's OUR failure to seek, read, and heed qualified guidance. We're just too proud since all of us have had chainsaws and weedeaters since we were kids. They "all work the same"...... NOT!!!!!!!!!