RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 03:53 PM
tomdiebomb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

ORIGINAL: leadtongue

i Just received my t28d last week. It does state in the manual that cog is measured at 2.5 inches back from the leading edge of the wings at 1 inch away from the fuselage. I placed a 2200mah zippy maxflite in it and took it to the flying field. I have only practiced on a sim so i had an ''old-timer'' take a look at it. He flew it nicely but did say it was a bit nose heavy. that battery needed to be placed back further...almost to where the foam on the underside of the canopy would prevent you from fastening the canopy down cause it would hit the battery. If you want to shove your packs up to the front for a snug fit...cog goes to about 2 Inches...Flying it is always the best indicator....make your judgements on the fly...you will get it to where she flies acceptable to you and thats all that matters. By the way...this old-timer did say before he flew it that it was not a trainer model per se and i should be learning on a high wing model....but he was very impressed how it flew for a low wing...even calling it docile.... also the flight surface control measurements are for one direction only...if its 3/8 then it should move 3/8 in each direction from its neutral position. He dialed in 35-35-20% expo for ail-elev and rud respectively and said it felt best at that setting...i have a dx6i
If this is your first plane, you should use lower rates than 100%. I found the following rates helpful in the beginning:
60-70% on Ail, Rudd, Elev, and 30% Expo on all. This will forgive you oversticking it a bit and make the bird less responsive. At high rates, and with high throws, this bird really jigs.

The plane can get up and dance, and it can also cruise very docilely at half-throttle. You will love it. And the best thing about it, if you wreck it, it glues back together very nicely.

Have fun and happy landings. Oh BTW, I just got my T-28D today (my second T-28), the maiden is tomorrow at sunrise!