RCU Forums - View Single Post - Slowstiick assembly questions.
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 06:12 PM
kuplo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slowstiick assembly questions.

Hi,

I've decided to get another slowstick since mine is pretty much torn apart and very old (won't fly it's so torn apart). and it's been so long since I assembled the old one that I've got some questions about assembling it.

1. Is it okay (recomended) to use foam same zap glue in place of the gws glue? From what I remember of putting together the last one, my least favorite thing was having to use gws glue on anything.

2. When it comes to cutting the 45° angles on the rudder and rear wing, wouldn't it just be best to use some sandpaper and trim it down that way, or is there something I don't know with using sandpaper on this kit? I attempted to use a fresh exacto to "cut" the 45° angle on the rear wing but all it really did was make some huge mess out of the wing and I was lucky to be able to salvage it as it is. Im thinking sandpaper now, what did you use?

3. When it comes to taping up the rear wing and rudder, the instructions are unclear about whether I have to tape one side, or tape both sides with the packing tape. The images show only one side, but the instructions say something about "Please note for the both sides", whatever the heck that means. So tape one side or both when attaching the rudder and or rear wing where they are split apart.

4. I used the holes in the rear wing as my guide for where the fueselage is going to go. Bad mistake. It appears now that the rear wing is not perfectly squared up to the fuelselage (dang you GWS, why give me predrilled holes if they are not going to line up), is it that important, will I simply compensate on my radio, or will a slight off angle not matter all that much at all?

That's about it for the moment.

Thanks,