RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Watt's Up" RC Watt Meter & Power Analyzer
Old 08-13-2009, 08:15 AM
jsmith285

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:

I used mine about 3 times and the display went all chinese. So I called to get an RMA and return it. They said I hooked it up wrong and blew it up, so no RMA. I had to argue with them
that I had used it like the manual said to, but it just stopped working. They told me to call Tower and send it back to them. Called Tower and they said to return it to the manufacturer.
Called the Watts guys back up, took about 5 emails and phone calls (not pleasant ones) to convince them to let me send it back to them. I must say that I was not happy with the customer service I received from them at all (seemed like I wasnt smart enough to plug it in?) its a meter, come on how difficult could it be.
They told me they will check it out, and if they find that I blew it up then SOL. Finally got an RMA to send it back to them at my expense. After a few weeks I received another one in the mail. Said the display was defective and I didnt cause the meter to go bad (no apology either). I bought an Eflight watt meter in the mean time (really like it), now I'm afraid to use the Watts up meter.
I'm not flaming them or anything like that, I understand there are Thousands of satisfied users of the Watts up meter(anyway thats what the service guy told me).

I am an electrical engineer and not a newbie. I am just describing what I had to go thru to get the meter replaced under the warrantee period. Not complaining about the meter either, just the lack of customer service and an in your face attitude with the customer. Just hope yours keeps working for you. My watts up meter is now my back up for my Eflight meter, I'm guessing I wont be using the Watts up anymore.