RCU Forums - View Single Post - Slowstiick assembly questions.
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 PM
kuplo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slowstiick assembly questions.

Okay, back to the building questions.

I need to know what servos people are using on their stock slow sticks. All the servos I've got laying around here (Hitec 55, and Eflite servos) are all way too small to mount to the stock servo mounts, i'ts not a matter of drilling new holes to mount them to the GWS servo mounts as the servos that I mention don't have long enough mounting points to lay over (or under) the GWS servo mounts on the slow stick.

I seem to remember this was also a problem on my original slowstick and I ended up mounting them with one screw, screwed in cockeyed and everytime the plane would bump too hard on landing the servos would fall off and dangle by the guidewires to the rear wings. So, I'd really kind of like to make them solidly mounted this time so that I don't have to keep fiddling with them after every flight.

So if you used the stock servo mounts on the GWS Slowstick, and your servos screwed right in to the existing holes, what servos did you use?

OR... If you used these smaller servos, please explain how you mounted them to the slowstick. Im not looking for very elaborate ways of doing it as I have limited customizability options to me since Im really not good about customizing things (as you can tell by my screwing in the mounting screws on my original SS cockeyed to hold the servos)

Thanks,