Thread: Lanier Yak
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Big Oakden
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier Yak

Well guys.

I just finished building mine after 16months....... life has been real busy.

I have mine powered with a G-62 with the original Magneto on it, and a Miller belt drive to start it.

I decided to use Extreme power systems 2.4 ghz for a receiver, and use my JR 9303 with the conversion module.

I have added a baffle to orce the air round the cylinder to keep it cool. after all it is still over 106 here.....

If everything goes well, we maiden her on saturday morning.

I can you this, my plane was out of the second generation, as I went to do all of the mods ad noticed that the landing gear box was solid.

I also looked at lightening the tail feathers and decided to wait until I got it balanced without modifying. Glad I did. the motor is heavy enough that I actually had to modify the motor box and take out a 1" x 1" 45 degree bevel at the bottom of the box to clear the inverted Pitts muffler I put on the motor. I originally had standoffs that were 2" long and moved the motor way forward. (looked like the stock actual aircraft with the spinner out that far. but it would not balance. so i moved it back to a 1/4" standoff. and it is very close to balancing. just have to set the battery pack in the rear of the fuze and let it fly.

I will take some pics at the field saturday and get them posted..