RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hey guys what are your thoughts on this?
Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 PM
bluesox_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys what are your thoughts on this?

I have a big question to throw out there. I have owned my first Rc and savage for over a month and I am loving it. It is a x and was purchased used. I feel this hobby is going to stick although I am just the type to bash around and laugh at myself while doing it. I have been looking online and found myself really wanting to build a fastlane machine savage with all the trimmings! I don't have a ton of cash but I would be fine if this project took a year or 2 to build and for me being not mechanically inclined this would be a big project but doable. I am content in the meantime learning more about my savage and just bashing but a friend of mine is telling me I would regret this and for a little better price I could go for a xl or a flux and it would be too pretty for me to want to drive. I don't want a shelf queen but I do like the idea of being dumb with my 4.6 and getting out the fastlane a few time a year at a real track. What do you guys think of this? Will a done up savage preform better the XL and flux or just sell what I have now and get the XL and be done with it. Will a done up savage be to "pretty" to drive and I will be so nervous driving it i wont enjoy it at a track. Is all this fastlane stuff going to make it a tank? Just like I said I am looking for some input so please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks
Shane